Korean cosmetics are here to stay, judging from the number of Filipina fans who just can’t get enough of anything and everything Korean!
Lately I’ve been eyeing this new Korean brand to hit the Philippine market- LadyKin! I checked out their online website, and one thing really caught my eye:
Ladykin Vanpir Dark Repair Youth Activator
The Vanpir Dark Repair collection is quite expensive, as the line uses Dragon’s Blood, also known as Chroton Lechleriresin extract obtained from trees growing in Peru and Ecuador in Amazon. Dragon’s Blood is allegedly used by Amazon warriors to prevent skin damage, because of its antibacterial and stress relieving and calming effects.
Just like the other LadyKin products, the Youth Activator comes with a bunch of other plant extracts that help relieve skin inflammation and encourage cell renewal. For instance, Centella Asiatica (Gotu Kola) Extract has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory effects, and skin damage prevention effects.
Panax Ginseng Callus Culture Extract, an ingredient found in most other skincare products from LadyKin, strengthens the skin’s barriers and prevents skin damage.
The Youth Activator also contains arbutin and adenosine, both of which help diminish wrinkles and whiten skin.
Here are the 9 benefits you can get from the Ladykin Vanpir Dark Repair Youth Activator, according to the LadyKin website:
1. Whitening and anti-wrinkle care
Whitening agent arbutin and wrinkle agent Adenosine prevent melanin pigmentation and reduce wrinkles for resilient and bright skin tone.
2. Ginseng callus culture extract which helps skin barrier
It energizes and reinforces skin’s barrirs prevent skin damage and improve skin conditions to brighten and energize skin.
3. Simultaneous skin protection and improvement
Ginseng callus culture extract and centenella asiatica extract relieve stress or skin stimulation from external factors for healthy skin.
4. Croton Lechleriresin Extract
These trees grow on the upper parts of the Amazon such as Peru and Ecuador and contain ingredients that prevent skin damage, relieve skin and strengthen skin’s barriers. When the body of the tree is cut or damaged, dark red sap flows as if the tree is bleeding.
5. Improvement of fine wrinkles and skin resilience
Croton Lechlriresin Extract provide resilience to skin and reduce wrinkles for healthy and energetic skin.
6. Purification of complexion through brightening skin tone and blemishes
Rich in vitamins, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Water with polyphenol and vitamin E keep skin tone clear and even.
7. Contains ECOCERT certified Rose Damascena Flower Water and Camellia Sinensis Leaf Water
Rich vitamin and nourishment supply
8. Replenishment of skin’s energy
Creates a moiusturizing film on the surface of skin to prevent moisture evaporation and delivers nourishing ingredients to skin.
9. Does not contain paraben, synthetic color, mineral oil, benzophenone and animal ingredients (The best part, since it proves to be safer on your skin and liver.)
With the skin nourishing ingredients that can help combat wrinkles and even whiten skin, I could not resist purchasing the 50ml product despite the hefty Php1800 price tag. Check out my verdict below.
1. I love the packaging! From the classy box that housed the glass bottle to the nifty silver design, I was hooked.
2. Bottle comes with expiration date and practically everything a cautious beauty maven needs. Even the life of the product upon opening is specified on both the box and bottle (12 months). To make sure I don’t forget, I wrote the date of first use on the bottle.
3. Easy-to-use dropper I just love using for the convenience!
4. Mild scent doesn’t bother me at all. Although I would have preferred a product free of fragrance, I find the mild scent acceptable.
5. Immediately noticeable skin calming effect! I love that it worked on calming my perennially reddish skin, proving that it works on inflammations and rosacea. I can definitely see myself using this product with my Red Better Care line.
6. Skin plumping effect to diminish wrinkles. I have only used the product twice a day for two days, and I have already noticed somewhat lighter lines around my eyes. It helps that I am now working on increasing my fluid intake and revamping my daily beauty regimen.
Value: Four out of five stars (Still a bit pricey)
Efficacy: Three out of five stars (Great for calming redness, but whitening and wrinkle diminishing effects not yet noticeable)